Also Known As
Though Bill never drank again, he found that his continued sobriety wasn't automatic.
He had to "give it away to keep it": In short, he was following the admonition of Jesus to the Gadarene
demoniac, which was to "go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you,
and how He has had compassion on you."
PASTORS: JIM & RONDA
Church Located at:
4369 S. Tryon Street, Charlotte, 28217
WHAT ARE THE GOD'S IN YOUR LIFE?
sex, money, work, power, alcohol, drugs, gambling, relationships, control, activities
TAKE AN INVENTORY
Do any of the following areas dominate your thinking, emotions or actions?
If so, they may represent addictions or dependencies that are probably creating havoc in your life:
If you can relate to one or more of these.
DON'T DESPAIR! THERE IS HOPE! THERE IS HELP!
- Alcohol or drugs.
- Work, achievement & success.
- Money addictions, such as overspending, gambling or hoarding.
- Control additions, especially if they surface in personal, sexual, family or business relationships.
- Food addictions
- Sexual addictions.
- Approval seeking (the need to please people.)
- Rescuing patterns toward other persons ("enabling".)
- Dependency on "toxic" relationships.
- Physical Illness (hypochondria.)
- Excessive exercise & physical conditioning.
- Excessive emphasis on cosmetics, clothes, cosmetic surgery: trying to look good on the outside and avoid
- Academic pursuits and excessive intellectualizing.
- Religiosity or religious legalism: The preoccupation with the form, rules, and regulations of religion,
rather than benefiting from he spiritual message.
- General perfectionism.
- Obsessive-compulsive cleaning and avoiding contamination.
- Over emphasis on organizing and structuring.
THE RECOVERY CHURCH is, perhaps, for YOU IF :
Our hope is that The Recovery Church will help you deepen
- You recognize yourself or someone you love in the above list.
- You belong to a Twelve Step Recovery Program or are thinking about joining one.
- You feel your "Higher Power" tugging at your heart to return to church, OR to attend church for
the first time.
- You are desiring to better understand "The God of Your Understanding", but don't feel comfortable
or accepted in most traditional church settings.
- You have little or no understanding of a "Higher Power"
but have a willingness to learn.
your relationship with "The God of Your Understanding", and that you will be able to help others to
do the same.
The Recovery Church was founded in Jan. 1994 in Charlotte, NC. primarily for the purpose of helping "Recovering
Persons" bridge the gap between
"Recovery" and "Church Life", making it possible for both to be important parts of their ongoing "Spiritual
We believe that the Bible is both "The Word of God" and the Source from which the principles of
The Twelve Steps were taken.
We also believe that God will "meet you where you are, spiritually;"
will accept you and love you unconditionally; and is in the process of leading us all to become truly Happy,
Joyous and Free through His Amazing Grace.
SUNDAY: SERVICE SCHEDULE
11:00 - 12:30 am Adult Service
Children's Church for ages 4 -11
9:15 -10:15 am Adult Bible Study
10:30 - 10:50 am Prayer in All-Purpose Room
10:30 - 11:00 am Coffee & Donuts
WEDNESDAY: Bible Study
6:15-7:30 pm [see Events Calendar for topic]
|| PASTORS: JIM & RONDA SHOCK
|| 4369 S.Tryon Street
Charlotte, N.C. 28217
“The Recovery Church”
The current month in a quick Popup window
Line Audio Library -
Select a sermon on line to listen to on your computer.
a Sample Sermon tape
YOU WOULD LIKE A FREE TAPE OF ONE OF OUR
SERVICES SIMPLY CLICK ON THE TAPE PIC AND SEND YOUR REQUEST
Please try our highly recommended site Pick of the Year
||The NACR Main Page-
Links to Resources & insightful articles on helpful topics
Software for Recovering People - Downloadable demo programs
to taste the possible
Web site courtesy of:
POINT IN TIME
CHRISTIAN INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES
|If you discover a problem with this page click here >